Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Speculative Stocks....
Tiny update on a couple of those speculative picks I mentioned above.
UI released their quarterly report and were down 15% yesterday.
Sensys Gatso released news that they will be awarded a major contract in central america. Up 15% yesterday.

There certainly are the types where you better hold onto your hat. Tongue
(02-08-2020, 02:38 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Tiny update on a couple of those speculative picks I mentioned above.
UI released their quarterly report and were down 15% yesterday.
Sensys Gatso released news that they will be awarded a major contract in central america. Up 15% yesterday.

There certainly are the types where you better hold onto your hat. Tongue

Yes they are. OLN had a rough week until then went up after reporting bad earnings.
Will get short SIX @ 37.65 if it comes.
(02-08-2020, 05:33 PM)NilesMike Wrote: Will get short SIX @ 37.65 if it comes.

Why wait?  Smile
It's a pattern trade that I do. Failed reversals. SIX in a downtrend, 2 weeks ago closed above previous week's high (indicating potential reversal of downtrend) last week was a pause. If it goes lower, I'm on it. It may just be a rip higher, then my resting order will be cancelled.

I like for the market to show me where it's going before I join in.
(02-08-2020, 06:08 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-08-2020, 05:33 PM)NilesMike Wrote: Will get short SIX @ 37.65 if it comes.

Why wait?  Smile
6 trades since May in SIX +22.5%. Total times in market 55 days. I shoot for 5% per trade. Shorts are more profitable and quicker in general. That profit is rolled into DGI stocks for when I wish to stop working. It is a bit of work to trade this and don't think the Mrs. would be able/willing to do it upon my demise, so the profits go more to passive.

Attached Files Image(s)

I can't think of a fundamental catalyst that could cause it to move up in the short-term.  Probably about as safe as a short ever gets with the bad chart and financials. Let us know how you do.
(02-08-2020, 09:53 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I can't think of a fundamental catalyst that could cause it to move up in the short-term.  Probably about as safe as a short ever gets with the bad chart and financials. Let us know how you do.

Will be one of three things.
Lose 3%
Win 5%
Nothing happens as it goes long.

I like +5 70% of the time, -2 to -3 30% of the time. 2.6% positive expectancy per trade.
I'm content doing what I've been doing for income, but I enjoy trying new things so we'll have to converse more about your strategy.

I am going to starting playing both ways with Deere again soon. I've seriously called the short-term swing on DE about 7 times in a row. Only played it on the short side though. Living 10 miles from World HQ and a bunch of their plants is a useful. Friends and family employees (Low level employees, not like they are sharing official financials) Definitely not insider trading or anything remotely like that, but our local newspaper discussed layoffs, production increases/decreases and stuff like that. The info doesn't even make the major analyst reports or the business wire half the time. I find that odd. Anyway Deere isn't going to 100 or 200 in a week so I think I am going to start playing it similar as I've done with MET for going on two years now. Get some long shares on the next good dip, then play the swings with conservative spreads. My friends trade their DE 401k retirement accounts as well. <160 and they are jumping all over it, around 175 and they are trimming. It's been a good idea for some time now. Smile
TEVA is up 9% after results today. This baby is heading to $20 by year end. If Opioid sattlement comes, it will be $30. Bought some AMRX. Same story.
(02-12-2020, 04:00 PM)vbin Wrote: TEVA is up 9% after results today. This baby is heading to $20 by year end. If Opioid sattlement comes, it will be $30. Bought some AMRX. Same story.
I put TEVA on my watch list when you suggested it, but it went the wrong way.  Congrats!

OLN is doing pretty well.  I expect it to continue to trade in a range for now though.  I think I may add to it on the next dip, and trade some around the position.
(02-12-2020, 05:22 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 04:00 PM)vbin Wrote: TEVA is up 9% after results today. This baby is heading to $20 by year end. If Opioid sattlement comes, it will be $30. Bought some AMRX. Same story.
I put TEVA on my watch list when you suggested it, but it went the wrong way.  Congrats!

OLN is doing pretty well.  I expect it to continue to trade in a range for now though.  I think I may add to it on the next dip, and trade some around the position.
It might be better to buy a stock when it's rising rather than falling. I started buying Teva at $21 all the way upto $6 with DCA to $10 and change. I am thinking to add more.