Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Bought some IRM, OXY and USB

Question I really want to add some high growth stocks but they just all seems to be grocery over valued right now. The one name I want to own is V. But at $189 a share and 35 PE. I guess its really not that expensive in today's world lol. Would you buy here or wait for a better entry point? Looking to buy 40-50 shares.
(01-07-2020, 01:36 PM)kblake Wrote: Bought some IRM, OXY and USB

Question I really want to add some high growth stocks but they just all seems to be grocery over valued right now. The one name I want to own is V. But at $189 a share and 35 PE. I guess its really not that expensive in today's world lol. Would you buy here or wait for a better entry point? Looking to buy 40-50 shares.

I'm trying to not take more than a 25% position in anything I consider very over valued.  You have to pay up for a stock like V though.  Market seems like it's losing a little steam.  Surely we'll get at least a modestly down month soon right?

When it comes to V you always have to pay up for quality names. It’s going to $300 over the next few years. So it might look expensive now but in a few years $198 may look cheap lol. It’s a must own name along with MA. Just dollar cost average in. Buy a little now and more if it goes lower. Honestly a 35 PE is not all that expensive for a high growth stock. There are a heck of lot of other names way more expensive.
(01-07-2020, 05:48 PM)divmenow Wrote:

When it comes to V you always have to pay up for quality names. It’s going to $300 over the next few years. So it might look expensive now but in a few years $198 may look cheap lol. It’s a must own name along with MA. Just dollar cost average in. Buy a little now and more if it goes lower. Honestly a 35 PE is not all that expensive for a high growth stock. There are a heck of lot of other names way more expensive.
Other than the financial crisis, it's hard to find a time when buying V didn't look a good decision only a few months later.  Stable earnings growth, and predicted to grow at 17% for years.  The current tech PE levels are where you can get yourself hurt if you jump in big and they miss a quarter.
Time to buy the oil names. They finally got the news they needed to run. I already bought SLB, OXY, EOG, COP and some others in the past few weeks. This sector had been left for dead but boy when you time them just right your in the drivers seat. I may add some SLB depending on where it goes in the morning. Let’s not forget they are one of the few sectors that’s undervalued and the most hated. I see the tech names selling off and investors headed to oil, gold and safety. I just feel there’s a lot of uncertainty coming coming and tension. Does anyone own gold?? It’s never talked about on here lol
No gold for me. No dividend, and I'll surely time it wrong and sit on it for a decade. I'll always keep some oil in the port, but it will be underweight most of the time.
added to WBA, SLB and MO

I do own some gold. I just feel everyone should have at least one name in their portfolio. I own GOLD and AEM
I'm with Warren Buffett when it comes to Gold. Materials are a small portion of my overall portfolio (as companies in that space generally tend to be volatile and have poor DGI track records), but the materials names I own make useful things like plastics, chemicals, and steel.
Also rolled some pooled dividends into CSCO and CTVA this morning. CTVA is a dollar-cost-averaging strategy. Digging out of the hole that was the complete mess of the Dow-DuPont merger/split.
Added to XOM and GEO.
I only "trade" around oil. CL futures and recently been playing with GUSH

MPC is the only oil name that I hold, small.
Sold out of SKT at $16.80 today. Took my 2.50 points and had a nice profit. I have now done that 3 times with this stock. Its one of the few stocks I trade when its near the bottom. Rinse and repeat. I know someone on here that probably bought my shares today lol

Also added to PEP and MRK