Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I added to MO and TD this morning.
Added to Corning (GLW) after the large drop today.
MO @ 41.35 MOments ago. (bad pun)
I've seen enough and finally sold the last of my KHC position today . I might add that money to MO, my only remaining dumpster fire. Maybe I'll wait for the 10% yield. MO is a falling knife. It's pretty amazing considering the books are still pretty good for now.
Any takers on FDX. I'm waiting to buy. That's 4 quarters in a row now they missed and guided lower.
I traded a bit today but not holding and transports for long term yet.
Nope, no interest in that one at all. I should say at this price. I think it stops sliding in the low 120s and have a resting order set at 125.
(09-18-2019, 02:56 PM)stockguru Wrote: Any takers on FDX. I'm waiting to buy. That's 4 quarters in a row now they missed and guided lower.
(09-18-2019, 02:56 PM)stockguru Wrote: Any takers on FDX. I'm waiting to buy. That's 4 quarters in a row now they missed and guided lower.

Not yet.  They may be the canary in the coal mine and the world economy is actually slipping, but I suspect they are losing market share to about anybody that could take some. They aren't going away, but the trust is blown and it's my guess it's going down some more.
Great point about trust.
(09-18-2019, 02:58 PM)vbin Wrote: I traded a bit today but not holding and transports for long term yet.

This just doesn't seem like the best time to get very deep in a transport.  That day will come soon enough.
MO in a free fall. Lets hope a year from now we will all say what a great buy it was lol
(09-19-2019, 01:22 PM)stockguru Wrote: MO in a free fall. Lets hope a year from now we will all say what a great buy it was lol

Single-digit P/E, 5yr lows, 8.5% yield . . . panic like this is where the long-term money gets made.

Any MO shares you buy today will pay you back their entire value in a decade just with dividends. 

Am considering transferring some funds out of a savings account to buy even more.