Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
MPC this afternoon
Other then oil I see no more bargains lol
(06-07-2019, 09:17 AM)stockguru Wrote: Other then oil I see no more bargains lol

Agreed bargains are hard to come by. And with Tariffs I still think numbers need to come down. Stock market is going up for no reason. That's normally a bad sign.

VLO and PSX are great buys in that space.
(06-07-2019, 09:17 AM)stockguru Wrote: Other then oil I see no more bargains lol

HD, LOW, CVS, WBA, ABBV, AMGN, UNH, CAT, CMI, FDX, UPS, AVGO are a few to look at.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I already own all those Eric lol. Other then LOW.
Took a position in CCI and SPG today. I realize retail is not doing well but with that divined I cant wait out the storm on Simon
(06-07-2019, 11:15 AM)divmenow Wrote: I already own all those Eric lol. Other then LOW.

So why not keep building them up rather than looking for new names?
(06-07-2019, 02:02 PM)EricL Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 11:15 AM)divmenow Wrote: I already own all those Eric lol. Other then LOW.

Because I'm in low enough in those names and have a full position. I love those names but not at the levels I would buy yet.. HD would have to come down to $165-170 to add and Low has to get much cheaper for me to even think off adding.  LOW is struggling and the new CEO hasn't done enough to show me yet.

UNH I'm in at an average of $138. No need to add
CVS already bought a ton at  $51-52 lol (Would rather add to CAH here rather then WBA or CVS. 
AMGN just added this week. I will add if it goes down another $10-15$
ABBV added at the lows. Average is now $74.80 (no need to add anymore until lower prices)
CMI has run-up too fast. Not sold on that name yet with Tariffs and the auto market
FDX and UPS are great buys but I just added to these names as well. (China and tariffs will affect this stock further. CEO already expects worse)

Great names but I like to spread out my portfolio. Always looking for new names that I have always wanted to own. Tons I wish I had lol

That IS a very good point and one that I need remind of from time to time. Thanks.
(06-07-2019, 03:09 PM)divmenow Wrote:

Because I'm in low enough in those names and have a full position. I love those names but not at the levels I would buy yet.. HD would have to come down to $165-170 to add and Low has to get much cheaper for me to even think off adding.  LOW is struggling and the new CEO hasn't done enough to show me yet.

UNH I'm in at an average of $138. No need to add
CVS already bought a ton at  $51-52 lol (Would rather add to CAH here rather then WBA or CVS. 
AMGN just added this week. I will add if it goes down another $10-15$
ABBV added at the lows. Average is now $74.80 (no need to add anymore until lower prices)
CMI has run-up too fast. Not sold on that name yet with Tariffs and the auto market
FDX and UPS are great buys but I just added to these names as well. (China and tariffs will affect this stock further. CEO already expects worse)

Great names but I like to spread out my portfolio. Always looking for new names that I have always wanted to own. Tons I wish I had lol

OKE and KMI are two to look at in energy. Both have been increasing payouts and yield around 5.5% and 4.7%. I think both should do well as energy production continues to grow in the US.
Put a good deal of funds to work this morning.

Initiated new positions in: AOS, FB, FDX

Added to: AAPL, ABBV, ADM, AMGN, BTI, CVS, DOW, GD, GILD, IBM, INTC, LYB, MMM, WBA
ENB starter pack