Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Sold a share of AMZN. I add one or two every $100 it dips, sell it gradually when it runs. I'm a small time AMZN trader for sure but it's working. About 2% of my port. I'll likely get serious about it if the market ever corrects.
Added to UPS this morning.
Added to WFC this morning.
Added to LEG
(04-30-2019, 02:34 PM)Binary Wrote: Added to LEG

I did the same with some pooled dividends this morning.
I took a new position in AMGN this morning.
Just bought some more CAH, too. Already own a lot, but hard to see it getting much cheaper from here.
CLX is getting clobbered. Anyone own it? It's down $10. Thinking of buying it soon. They missed estimates and guided lower. But its the kind of name I like in this environment. Thoughts?
(05-01-2019, 01:45 PM)stockguru Wrote: CLX is getting clobbered. Anyone own it? It's down $10. Thinking of buying it soon. They missed estimates and guided lower. But its the kind of name I like in this environment. Thoughts?

Yes, purchased all of my shares June of last year at ~$122/share. Still looks overvalued compared to its historical norms. It is a boring consumer staples stock that manages to grow earnings annually by an average of about 6.5% over 3/5/10 year periods. Am interested in buying more if it dips under $140, which would appear to be a fair value.
(05-01-2019, 01:53 PM)Otter Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 01:45 PM)stockguru Wrote: CLX is getting clobbered. Anyone own it? It's down $10. Thinking of buying it soon. They missed estimates and guided lower. But its the kind of name I like in this environment. Thoughts?

Yes, purchased all of my shares June of last year at ~$122/share. Still looks overvalued compared to its historical norms. It is a boring consumer staples stock that manages to grow earnings annually by an average of about 6.5% over 3/5/10 year periods. Am interested in buying more if it dips under $140, which would appear to be a fair value.

Historically this 2.5% yield is not good at all, plus there is the debt levels that I'm worried about (A- debt rating still looks kind of OK). Strong name, proven track record, but not good valuation in my opinion.
CLX is like PG. Slow growth but you get that safety in a down market. Both are too expensive for my taste. I would only consider CLX if it came down under $140.

I added to MSFT, CAH today and bought more CVS and MRK on Monday.

CLX makes PG look exciting.  Smile  I think I bought my last shares for around $30.  It made my watch list again today.  I'd suggest we both analyze it for about 3 months.  It's not going to run away.  I'd really need a 3% yield to get serious about it.