Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
http://dividendgrowthforum.com/showthrea...hlight=mcd
Added to AMGN and PRU this morning.
Bought TPR and MPC today. Love both for the long term. MPC keeps raising the dividend. 3.16% yield now

Thanks all on MCD. I'm going to hold off on that one
My dad won two MCD stocks in the 70s in a raffle, now it is over 300 shares!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(02-08-2019, 09:47 AM)chascornell Wrote: My dad won two MCD stocks in the 70s in a raffle, now it is over 300 shares!

Awesome!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(02-08-2019, 09:47 AM)chascornell Wrote: My dad won two MCD stocks in the 70s in a raffle, now it is over 300 shares!

No offense intended, but I felt the need to fact check that claim.  Smile  While I was at it I checked the price in 1970 because I clearly remember asking for a Mickey Mouse watch for my 8th birthday.  It was $8 from the JCP catalog.  MCD stock split adjusted was under 30 cents then.  That would be about $5K now!  Oh wait, I forgot about the dividends lol.  DIS shares probably not a bad call in 1970 either.  It's painfully  clear that I have always  sucked at investment decisions.  Smile  I do still have the watch though.   I suppose it's maybe worth $50.
(02-08-2019, 11:02 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

No offense intended, but I felt the need to fact check that claim.  Smile  While I was at it I checked the price in 1970 because I clearly remember asking for a Mickey Mouse watch for my 8th birthday.  It was $8 from the JCP catalog.  MCD stock split adjusted was under 30 cents then.  That would be about $5K now!  Oh wait, I forgot about the dividends lol.  DIS shares probably not a bad call in 1970 either.  It's painfully  clear that I have always  sucked at investment decisions.  Smile  I do still have the watch though.   I suppose it's maybe worth $50.

If you want to feel really bad, check out what $1,000 invested in MO in 1970 would be worth today, with dividends reinvested.
Yea it shows the true power of DGI. He didn’t touch it and just let it sit and DRIP, I think he said it’s worth over 40k now

(02-08-2019, 11:20 AM)chascornell Wrote: Yea it shows the true power of DGI. He didn’t touch it and just let it sit and DRIP, I think he said it’s worth over 40k now

Yes, it illustrates several points IMO.

- Quality + extreme time in the market wins.
-And diversification to eliminate the luck factor.  Your father was wise to hold the shares, but he could just as easily won shares in wonder stocks of the day like Polaroid or Winnebago.  You only need a few winners in the mix with a 50 yr time horizon.  The rest can all go bankrupt.
This month's adds
BIP
CM.to
TD.to
Added to ORI and WFC this morning.
Added a little WFC, and started a small position again in DVA.
Sold FB.