Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(01-28-2019, 03:43 PM)divmenow Wrote: PEP has really stalled of late. But at least it's been in a nice trading range the last few months. Great company!

Until recently their growth really stalled.  It's still a decent company to hold and ignore for a very long time.  I don't care if it takes me 5 years to build a full position on recessionary dips.  Same with KO.  These are well run companies that will not be fully disrupted in my lifetime.  They are not as attractively valued most of the time, but the dividends are now solid and it's nice when my entire port is not so volatile.
(01-28-2019, 08:03 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 03:43 PM)divmenow Wrote: PEP has really stalled of late. But at least it's been in a nice trading range the last few months. Great company!

Until recently their growth really stalled.  It's still a decent company to hold and ignore for a very long time.  I don't care if it takes me 5 years to build a full position on recessionary dips.  Same with KO.  These are well run companies that will not be fully disrupted in my lifetime.  They are not as attractively valued most of the time, but the dividends are now solid and it's nice when my entire port is not so volatile.

My thoughts exactly! PEP is slow and steady. I really like their current portfolio and I also think they are making the right moves for the future. My first buy was at around $116, pretty sure that was sometime last year. I knew it was expensive but I wanted in. Since then I've been adding once in a while when it has been below $110.

Things can change rapidly but now I very much view PEP as one of those stocks that I will never sell. Ideally my whole portfolio should be stocks like that but as I said: things change.
Close to pulling the trigger on PII. Good report today with overraction, always a good combination Smile
The earnings season volatility providing some opportunities but you gotta be quicker than I apparently. I've been watching Whirlpool WHR. Dropped hard at the open on their announcement and I was thinking about it. That was so 3 HRs ago lol. It's up $18 from that dip, even with CFRA re-iterating their strong sell. Up almost $9 from yesterday. An appliance company trading like that!
Added to my BEP holding this morning.
Sold an INTC put lately, and a CVS put today. Both close to in the money as I am hoping to get assigned shares. Especially CVS.
(01-29-2019, 01:20 PM)fenders53 Wrote: The earnings season volatility providing some opportunities but you gotta be quicker than I apparently.  I've been watching Whirlpool WHR.  Dropped hard at the open on their announcement and I was thinking about it.  That was so 3 HRs ago lol.  It's up $18 from that dip, even with CFRA re-iterating their strong sell.  Up almost $9 from yesterday.  An appliance company trading like that!

Are you able to watch the pre market trading? It was down to 115 into the open
(01-29-2019, 12:43 PM)Binary Wrote: Close to pulling the trigger on PII. Good report today with overraction, always a good combination Smile

(01-29-2019, 08:54 PM)NilesMike Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 01:20 PM)fenders53 Wrote: The earnings season volatility providing some opportunities but you gotta be quicker than I apparently.  I've been watching Whirlpool WHR.  Dropped hard at the open on their announcement and I was thinking about it.  That was so 3 HRs ago lol.  It's up $18 from that dip, even with CFRA re-iterating their strong sell.  Up almost $9 from yesterday.  An appliance company trading like that!

Are you able to watch the pre market trading? It was down to 115 into the open
Yes, that is what I am referring to.  Took that nasty dip on just OK earnings and thought I'd sell a WHR put here in a few days.  Smile  I have no idea what was said during the earnings call but it must have been good.
Sold half of my PG.
Proceeds went to RDS.
T under $29 once again. Anyone buying?
(01-30-2019, 09:57 AM)divmenow Wrote: T under $29 once again. Anyone buying?

Probably will be buying more T in the next week or two if if stays at these levels.
Added to EV this afternoon.