Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
order for HBAN went through this morning. I'm done for now. Added PSX, OXY, DFS, OTTR, and HBAN.
GILD another one in trouble today. United Health is planning to destroy Gileads HIV business. That would wipe out all near term profits. Damn! At some point it will become a buy.

HBAN a nice bank to own. Nice buy!
(10-31-2018, 01:06 PM)divmenow Wrote: GILD another one in trouble today. United Health is planning to destroy Gileads HIV business. That would wipe out all near term profits. Damn! At some point it will become a buy.

HBAN a nice bank to own. Nice buy!

Seems like all the med companies with true growth potential come with some drama.  GILD and CELG were conquering the biotech world not so long ago.
last week added more to XOM, AOS and ETN
Finally bought my first utility today. Bought 100 D at $70.90. Sold my TSCO
(11-01-2018, 12:02 PM)stockguru Wrote: Finally bought my first utility today. Bought 100 D at $70.90. Sold my TSCO

Good move IMO.  Dominion is on my short list.  Slow grower but a nice dividend.  Some non -volatility is nice when the market gets rough.  When you grab your next one find a company mostly in electric and you'll be well diversified in the sector/industry.
D is a great name to own. Nice dividend. I like AEP as well as XEL

BTW bought 30 IBM today. I haven't owned that name is over 12 years. But as this price and acquisition of RHT I like it very much at these levels. Pays a nice 1.57 dividend as well. Long term this price will look like a bargain.
(11-01-2018, 12:02 PM)stockguru Wrote: Finally bought my first utility today. Bought 100 D at $70.90. Sold my TSCO

Nice work. No idea what you paid for TSCO, but guessing you did pretty well on that trade!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(11-01-2018, 12:38 PM)divmenow Wrote: D is a great name to own. Nice dividend. I like AEP as well as XEL

BTW bought 30 IBM today. I haven't owned that name is over 12 years. But as this price and acquisition of RHT I like it very much at these levels. Pays a nice 1.57 dividend as well. Long term this price will look like a bargain.

We think alike on utilities.   I sold my XEL high during account transfer, now it won't let me back in but I will get it done under $48 on a bad utility day.  The dividend yield is just a little light until it drops a touch.  Selling puts on AEP, D and SO until I finally get forced in at a favorable price.  Not that I consider them longterm overpriced right now.  I am going to load my port up with these four utilities and hold on tight for years.
With tech and other industries slowing down utilities will be one the few bright spots to hide in. AAPL is down big AH so they will bring the entire market down. I'm looking for another 5-7% correction from here in the market. Just too much uncertainty with election, tariffs, lower oil ect. Just look at all the 52 week lows in the past week. There was a pattern. This is why I think utilities will be hitting new highs soon. You may get a slight pullback here before a big run-up. Everyone will be going to safety. I wouldn't short utilities. To me that's dangerous. IF D gets under $69 I will add more. The fed cant continue to raise interest rates or we will be headed into a recession. Sure the economy looks good on paper right but something tells me we are headed for trouble in 2019. There's still a lot of people without jobs and many companies still don't offer 401k's.

I actually reshuffled my portfolio a month ago. I like stocks such as VZ, PFE, D, CVS, GIS, AMGN, HRL, KMB, MCD and MO over high flyers and high beta. I wont mention names.
(11-01-2018, 09:29 PM)divmenow Wrote: With tech and other industries slowing down utilities will be one the few bright spots to hide in. AAPL is down big AH so they will bring the entire market down.

NQ futures up 100 overnight and ES up 20+
Wont matter. Watch the market end red today. Jobs report was horrible as well. Nothing to justify the market being up that much this morning. All because of a tweet from Trump lol . I'm not full negative, but this market has more on the downside left. But there's always a bull market somewhere lol