Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi-family/Apartments REITs
Are there any CCC/DGI companies that invest in multi-family or apartments?  And are they triple-net?  I've been wanting to invest in apartment complexes forever and am wondering if anyone here is already looking into or invested in that area?
I know you can go through Realty Shares and invest in specific ones. I don't know of a publically traded REIT that just invests in apartment complexes.
From my REIT watch list I have AVB, ELS, ESS, and MAA as being involved in residential.

Might be worth looking into a few of those names.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Thanks!
(08-22-2018, 01:23 PM)ChadR Wrote: I know you can go through Realty Shares and invest in specific ones.  I don't know of a publically traded REIT that just invests in apartment complexes.

Thanks, Chad.  Realty Shares (O) is the only REIT I own, and it's been good to me.
O is Realty Income. Realty Shares is where you can invest in individual apartment complexes. Realtyshares.com is the website.
You could check out Northview from Canada. It's not really DGI at the moment but I imagine that once things get back into track (in a few years) they will start raising the dividend again.

I've owned it for ages and while their portfolio is a bit risky (lots of resource related economic areas) it has done well for me. I can't say that I would recommend buying at the current price but it's worth taking a look and making your own decisions.
(08-22-2018, 02:25 PM)ChadR Wrote: O is Realty Income.  Realty Shares is where you can invest in individual apartment complexes.  Realtyshares.com is the website.

HAHA!  I totally mis-read that.