Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berkshire shareholder meeting
Well, we're doing a long weekend for the 2018 Berk meeting.

Found out that even though we planned back in October, it was still too late to get into the closest hotels for all four of us going to Omaha...so we did a nice AirBnB that will save us 1400/1500 per couple so it really worked out lol.

We'll be doing the meeting, the picnic, Sunday's 5k GOOOOOOO BROOKS! And of course a steak dinner (It's freakin OMAHA!! lol) We'll also hit some of the local micro brews, not sure we can fit in the museum or not. It's going to be a busy four days...

Was able to talk the wife into going since our goal is to visit a new area in United States and Canada once a year...so 2018's trip will be the new #1 retirement area according to LPL Financial

looking forward to the trip
Have fun. I've wanted to go to it for years, but it's during April which is my busiest time of the year. I need to hurry up and retire so I can go.
Usually falls within the first weekend of May

But yea....I've been wanting to go for years and I figure WB and CM won't be around forever....

Another one I want to go to is Markel's meeting....maybe I'll see Tom Gaynor! Ha.
My mistake, I was thinking it was the last weekend in April. Early May is still too busy for me. The Markel one would be another nice one to attend.
Okay, we went to the Berk meeting and it was a great great experience! There were 5 of us, everyone had such a great time they all said they would do the trip again. We stayed at an AIRbnb which might have been a fluke, it was a million dollar house with Patty Buffett living next door and the Governor's personal home across the street, quite the experience.

Buffett and Munger made the meeting very interesting, they present themselves to the average investor not the institutional money manager.

Omaha, NE, was such a fun city if it was retirement friendly we'd put it on the list of maybe's.
(05-08-2018, 09:49 PM)rayray Wrote: Okay, we went to the Berk meeting and it was a great great experience! There were 5 of us, everyone had such a great time they all said they would do the trip again. We stayed at an AIRbnb which might have been a fluke, it was a million dollar house with Patty Buffett living next door and the Governor's personal home across the street, quite the experience.

Buffett and Munger made the meeting very interesting, they present themselves to the average investor not the institutional money manager.

Omaha, NE, was such a fun city if it was retirement friendly we'd put it on the list of maybe's.

That's awesome! Was it kind of a circus / zoo atmosphere, or could you really listen to the meeting and focus on what was going on?
(05-09-2018, 11:42 AM)Kerim Wrote: That's awesome! Was it kind of a circus / zoo atmosphere, or could you really listen to the meeting and focus on what was going on?

No, we were able to hear every word and focus what was being said at the meeting. The guys were really sharp, nobody was going to stump or get anything over WB and CM. I would really like to go back next year but don't think it'll be in the cards for us, not sure how many opportunities there will be to see both WB and CM together.

The weekend was really busy, gogogogo from the first night to the last.

Might I add...this had to be one of the best events I ever attended; however, I also went with a group of great people. When we went out for my wife's birthday it was a blast! I know, how great was it that my wife agreed to go to a shareholder meeting for her birthday weekend...lol...
(05-09-2018, 08:05 PM)rayray Wrote:
(05-09-2018, 11:42 AM)Kerim Wrote: That's awesome! Was it kind of a circus / zoo atmosphere, or could you really listen to the meeting and focus on what was going on?

I know, how great was it that my wife agreed to go to a shareholder meeting for her birthday weekend...lol...

That's some excellent wife-ing right there!
Kerim, everyone.....I mean EVERYONE LOVES MY WIFE.

And I do too! lol

The only woman I dated with a sense of humor