Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DGI For The DIY
Here is my dividend income update for November.

DGI For The DIY: November Dividend Income Update

Income was up 42.8% year over year. Not too shabby!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Wow. Over 40% increase year over year is very impressive. And congrats on being close to $2,000 in dividend income for the year.
(12-19-2017, 12:30 PM)ChadR Wrote: Wow. Over 40% increase year over year is very impressive. And congrats on being close to $2,000 in dividend income for the year.

Thanks Chad! Onward and upward!
Nice increase from last year!

I'm still 7 months away from being able to do comparisons to previous years (since I just started), but it's really motivating to read blog/forum updates from other dividend investors while I wait Tongue - so keep up the good work!
(12-19-2017, 11:22 AM)EricL Wrote: Here is my dividend income update for November.

Great job!  Regarding the KMI dividend increase that you mentioned in the article, how much faith do you have in them?  They said the dividend was safe before they cut it.
(12-23-2017, 09:51 PM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 11:22 AM)EricL Wrote: Here is my dividend income update for November.

Great job!  Regarding the KMI dividend increase that you mentioned in the article, how much faith do you have in them?  They said the dividend was safe before they cut it.

I'm willing to give KMI a chance to redeem itself. It got caught off-guard with crude crashing to the $20's, and chose to preserve its credit rating and spending on capex over the dividend, which was probably the best decision for the long-term health of the company. 

The dividend cut doesn't change the fact that KMI has some of the best mid-stream assets in the country.

WTI briefly touched $60 today, and I think is headed higher in the months ahead. I think the future is bright for KMI, CVX, XOM, and others.
Here is my write-up on Seeking Alpha about the trades I made last week in selling out of MDU, ABC, and GE and opening new positions in JNJ, AWK, MMM, NEE, and MA.

Shuffling My Dividend Growth Deck

Enjoy!
(01-07-2018, 12:39 AM)EricL Wrote: Here is my write-up on Seeking Alpha about the trades I made last week in selling out of MDU, ABC, and GE and opening new positions in JNJ, AWK, MMM, NEE, and MA.

Shuffling My Dividend Growth Deck

Enjoy!

Good read.  I'm concerned about buying things that are too overvalued, like MA.  I want to own Mastercard, but just can't pull the trigger at these levels.
(01-12-2018, 03:51 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: Good read.  I'm concerned about buying things that are too overvalued, like MA.  I want to own Mastercard, but just can't pull the trigger at these levels.

I hear ya, I've been saying that about Mastercard for two years. Finally just said "to heck with it" and bought it!
A re-cap of 2017, highlighting the dividend growth in my portfolio, stats for the 1st birthday of the DGI For The DIY website, and some thoughts on the year ahead.

DGI For The DIY: 2017's Milestones And Minutiae

Here's to another successful year in 2018!
My annual portfolio update was posted on Seeking Alpha this afternoon.

DGI For The DIY: 2017 Portfolio Review

Enjoy!
(01-31-2018, 11:38 PM)EricL Wrote: Enjoy!

Enjoyed Smile

Interesting read, and congrats on a nice increase!