Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DGI For The DIY
Congrats on the YOY increase. Very nice to have nearly 50% more than the year before.
(09-07-2017, 09:13 AM)ChadR Wrote: Congrats on the YOY increase.  Very nice to have nearly 50% more than the year before.

Thanks Chad! 

The Feb/May/Aug/Nov comps are going to be a bit wonky this year due to purchases made, but every other month has also grown by 10%+, so the trend is definitely in the right direction overall.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
ABBV has been a great performer this year. Its up like $8 in the past 3 weeks. I wonder how much higher it can go?
(09-07-2017, 10:03 AM)divmenow Wrote: ABBV has been a great performer this year. Its up like $18 in the past 3 weeks. I wonder how much higher it can go?

Yeah, it seems a lot of biotech has been moving up of late, GILD has done well too.

I have ABBV right at fair value here. It's trading at a 14.5 PE on 2017 estimates, right in line with historical valuation levels.

Analysts are still projecting double-digit EPS growth going forward, which is pretty impressive to go along with a 3.2% yield.

It should also announce a new dividend increase in October, which will probably be another double-digit raise.

I already have an over-weight position, so I won't be adding, but if I didn't ABBV would still be at the top of my list among the drug stocks.
BTW that was up $8 not $18 lol.

Yes they have. AMGN on a great run as well. That's my longest holding.

As we speak ABBV now over $80 a share. Woo Hoo lol
My dividend growth predictions for AbbVie, Thor Industries, Starbucks, STAG Industrial and Visa.

5 Dividend Growth Predictions For October

Enjoy!
Eric why Stag? I don't know the name but its got me curious since it pays a dividend each month. Wont raising interest rates hurt this kind of company when they raise at the Dec Meeting? PE looks ok at 16 and 15 for next year.

BTW my 5 dividend growth picks are ABT, HON, ITW, MA and BDX
(10-09-2017, 09:51 AM)divmenow Wrote: Eric why Stag? I don't know the name but its got me curious since it pays a dividend each month. Wont raising interest rates hurt this kind of company when they raise at the Dec Meeting? PE looks ok at 16 and 15 for next year.

I think STAG is a well-run, fairly conservative REIT that offers a decent yield of around 5%. I think it can grow FFO in the 5-8% range, and while the dividend growth has been slow the last couple of years while they worked the payout ratio down, it too should eventually start growing at a 5%+ clip again once that is complete.

Brad Thomas on Seeking Alpha initially got me interested in it, and it has been a good performer for me. He remains bullish on its prospects...of course there aren't many REITs he doesn't like!

I'm not too concerned about a 0.25% raise on STAG. Even with the increase, rates are historically low. It would take several more before I'd start getting overly concerned, but it is something worth keeping an eye.

A counterpoint is the fact that if the Fed keeps raising rates, that means that inflation is happening and the economy is doing well, which helps STAG.

I like your picks too. I own ABT and BDX, and wouldn't mind picking up the others some time down the road as well.
(10-10-2017, 10:04 PM)EricL Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 09:51 AM)divmenow Wrote: Eric why Stag? I don't know the name but its got me curious since it pays a dividend each month. Wont raising interest rates hurt this kind of company when they raise at the Dec Meeting?  PE looks ok at 16 and 15 for next year.

I think STAG is a well-run, fairly conservative REIT that offers a decent yield of around 5%. I think it can grow FFO in the 5-8% range, and while the dividend growth has been slow the last couple of years while they worked the payout ratio down, it too should eventually start growing at a 5%+ clip again once that is complete.

Brad Thomas on Seeking Alpha initially got me interested in it, and it has been a good performer for me. He remains bullish on its prospects...of course there aren't many REITs he doesn't like!

I'm not too concerned about a 0.25% raise on STAG. Even with the increase, rates are historically low. It would take several more before I'd start getting overly concerned, but it is something worth keeping an eye.

A counterpoint is the fact that if the Fed keeps raising rates, that means that inflation is happening and the economy is doing well, which helps STAG.

I like your picks too. I own ABT and BDX, and wouldn't mind picking up the others some time down the road as well.
Thanks Eric Makes sense. I have STAG on my watch list and will look to add on any weakness.
Finally got my Q3 update finished up last night. Enjoy!

DGI For The DIY: Q3 2017 Update
Great job, Eric. Thanks for being so candid. Love the picture of your daughter and the cake. And that Visa increase was awesome!
The picture was too good not to share, and a proud papa has to show her off! =)

The Visa increase was great, can't wait to see what ABBV and SBUX have in store for increases next!