Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shopping List
You guys made some great points. I've been holding LB for many years, but I'm slowly beginning to think that my time with LB is sunsetting...is that a word?
(08-18-2017, 02:08 PM)EricL Wrote: My latest article looks at some investment ideas in the retail sector. Some good values out there, but definitely risk involved in a tough business environment.

10 Bargain Stocks To Buy Amid Retail Sector Slump

I submitted the article last night. Of course this morning I wake up to see Foot Locker down 20% in pre-market. Yikes!

Great article, and I love that you include FAST graphs.
(08-18-2017, 02:08 PM)EricL Wrote: My latest article looks at some investment ideas in the retail sector. Some good values out there, but definitely risk involved in a tough business environment.

I submitted the article last night. Of course this morning I wake up to see Foot Locker down 20% in pre-market. Yikes!

On the FAST graph for Amazon...do they really think EPS will go from $3.80 to $8.96 to $15.25?  That's faster growth than I would have guessed.
(08-25-2017, 11:08 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:

On the FAST graph for Amazon...do they really think EPS will go from $3.80 to $8.96 to $15.25?  That's faster growth than I would have guessed.

That's what analysts are showing anyways. Yahoo Finance shows $8.17 EPS for 2018 and annual 28% EPS growth over the next 5 years.

The cash flows are there to support those type of earnings, just a question if AMZN can make them happen.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(08-25-2017, 11:42 AM)EricL Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 11:08 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: On the FAST graph for Amazon...do they really think EPS will go from $3.80 to $8.96 to $15.25?  That's faster growth than I would have guessed.

That's what analysts are showing anyways. Yahoo Finance shows $8.17 EPS for 2018 and annual 28% EPS growth over the next 5 years.

The cash flows are there to support those type of earnings, just a question if AMZN can make them happen.

Amazon has always been a question mark for me.  I don't like the low profitability, but their growth has been spectacular.
Yeah all those times we said it was too expensive or makes no sense it just keeps going up lol

This is why you buy BABA. That's one of those stocks that has big time growth and over time will hit $1000 a share. Buy and don't look back lol
(08-30-2017, 02:07 PM)divmenow Wrote: This is why you buy BABA. That's one of those stocks that has big time growth and over time will hit $1000 a share. Buy and don't look back lol

Does the fact that it's in China scare you?  I've always heard bad things about the integrity of the financial statements, data, and even government control.
Not at all that they are based in China. Yun Ma is the real deal and an amazing CEO. He is doing so many incredible things there. This stock reminds me of AMZN 5 years ago. I keep adding to BABA on dips.
SJM and GE both look interesting. SJM up to a 3% yield and GE nearing 4%.
GE no longer a growth stock and its more like a bond now. New CEO has a lot of changes to make to get that company back on track. SJM has 3% yield but that last earnings report was horrible and one of the worst conference calls I listened to lol. And they continue to miss numbers. I believe its 6 straight quarters now. And Amazon will continue to put pressure on these type of companies and hurt margins.

What about companies like the following below. All at or new 52 weeks lows. I'm not a fan of oil but at some point it will come back and at least Amazon wont be the blame lol

CAH with a yield of 2.75%

APA - Yield of 2.57%

MAC - Yield of 5.38%

HP - Yield of 6.28%

BMS - Yield of 2.82%

SKT - Yield of 5.85%
GE is projected for 5% growth in 2017 and then 10% and 11% the next two years, that looks pretty appealing to me with a 4% yield.

As for oil, I like OXY and CVX at 5.16% and 4% yields.

Both have huge acreage positions in the Permian, and CVX is on the tail end of some big capex projects that will start providing cash flows.
(08-31-2017, 10:44 PM)EricL Wrote: GE is projected for 5% growth in 2017 and then 10% and 11% the next two years, that looks pretty appealing to me with a 4% yield.

As for oil, I like OXY and CVX at 5.16% and 4% yields.

Both have huge acreage positions in the Permian, and CVX is on the tail end of some big capex projects that will start providing cash flows.

I already own CVX but it needs to come down more before I add to it. But that is my favorite name in the sector Eric. XOM you put in that discussion as well. OXY a nice name as well. All very nice yields. You buying the name here?

GE is a great buy if your only buying for the yield, that is if they can sustain it. I just don't see much upside in the name over the next 1-2 years. GE with all the layoffs; word now is the new CEO may cut the dividend. Dividend news next week. Also Buffet sold out. But if the new CEO can make the necessary changes and they can hit those numbers then 2019 your looking at a PE of 14.79. In 5 years you have made $0 money in the stock price. $400 or so in dividends for your 100 shares. Next 5 years you predict Eric?