Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Bought a little HD after the $5 drop today. They had great earnings and raised guidance.
(08-15-2017, 09:20 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought a little HD after the $5 drop today. They had great earnings and raised guidance.

quite a large drop in LOW too, simply because the people apparently didn't like HDs report. I might buy yet another small batch of LOW in the coming days, their own report is coming out on the 23rd I think.
(08-15-2017, 01:06 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 09:20 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought a little HD after the $5 drop today. They had great earnings and raised guidance.

quite a large drop in LOW too, simply because the people apparently didn't like HDs report. I might buy yet another small batch of LOW in the coming days, their own report is coming out on the 23rd I think.

Actually everyone loved HD earnings. They just got caught going down because of the retail ETF. I'm not a fan of Lowes. HD the much better investment. Lowes trades at a discount for a reason. I love the stores just not the stock lol
I've been chipping away at some cheap listed investment companies that have good strategies, low fees and are trading at a discount to NAV. Circa 5-6% div yields, not as attractive as they have been in the past but still good for a while, I'd say
Today I finally pulled the trigger on XOM and initiated a position.
This month I've decided to go with
CM.TO, BCE.TO and JNJ

And I have around 700 USD left which I'm planning on using to start a new position. I've got around 5 companies I'll be taking a look at, hopefully one of them manages to convince me.

On a pretty much unrelated note: I just signed another 1 year contract with my employer. So barring some major unforeseen events I'll have plenty of ammo to keep buying for the next 12 months. Smile
Added to CSCO and MO as well.
MO to me is one the best buys in the market right now. I added as well along with LMT
Got back into DE today down $10. They has very good earnings and raised guidance. Add a bit more NKE as well down $3. Sold KSU
Well AMAT just posted some damn good results. Revenue going through the roof was to be expected. But the margin growth (which translates to larger than expected EPS growth) as well as the very positive comments regarding 2018 from the management were something I did not expect. And the stock is essentially flat because of the large decline yesterday.

So I bought a bit more. They are not really a DGI company but they are doing exceptionally well at the moment, though I guess that's already baked into the share price since we didn't see much upwards movement today.

On a very positive note: 5 billion, out of which 2 are already in the US, are just sitting around. And the company has nice free cash flow so it's growing all the time. I'm waiting to see what they do with that. There is an investor day coming up in september, maybe we'll get a clue then.
NKE all the way back now when it reported earnings. Wow thanks FL. Added more and its now my 3rd largest holding.
I added more, also. I've owned NKE for a few years and like the company and management.