Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
In my public portfolio I sold out of GameStop and opened a new position in MO at $65.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
What's everyone's take on MO today?
(07-28-2017, 04:21 PM)Rasec Wrote: What's everyone's take on MO today?

I think it is a bunch of BS, had i have awoken from sleep in time I would have bought into it more. I will probly put in an order for some for monday open and hope it doesnt pop to quick. Also looking into some long term OHI for one of the kids.

Funny how they cant take care of themselves but they are gonna try to regulate that, big tobacco gotta be a little pissed off.

Jimbo
I was cautious with MO and didn't do anything but added to SBUX. Gotta love those 10% sales.
Bought SBUX today.

1/3/17 buy 100 @ $55.25
4/19/17 sell 100 @ $59.29
7/31/17 buy 100 @ $54.49

Next sell target >$60.
Next buy Target $<50

Sold partial positions of ADP, CVX, DIA, SJM, SPY, WMT, and PG today.
http://www.barrons.com/articles/blue-chi...1501303524
I bought some MO today.. Too cheap not to add here.
I'm watching CMI. Down $11 today. Anyone like the name or looking to add?
(08-01-2017, 09:41 AM)divmenow Wrote: I'm watching CMI. Down $11 today. Anyone like the name or looking to add?

I like the company and own it, but am not looking to add yet. I still have it pegged at about 10% overvalued even with today's pullback.
(08-01-2017, 10:20 AM)EricL Wrote:
(08-01-2017, 09:41 AM)divmenow Wrote: I'm watching CMI. Down $11 today. Anyone like the name or looking to add?

I like the company and own it, but am not looking to add yet. I still have it pegged at about 10% overvalued even with today's pullback.

Thanks Eric. I was hoping for $140 on CMI. But wont add to it just yet..
(08-01-2017, 10:39 AM)divmenow Wrote: Thanks Eric. I was hoping for $140 on CMI. But wont add to it just yet..

I think $144 would be a decent target to start from, so your $140 is similar.

$144 is a 3% yield and a 15.2 PE on 2017 EPS estimates.
Something is wrong here. I'm always AWFUL at timing the market.
Recently I've managed to grab great deals in T (before the report), LOW (right after that amazon over reaction) and yesterday I figured that I'll increase my UBNT holding before the results come out. Up around 23% today.

Next a meteor will probably fall on my head, that would be more my luck.