Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(06-28-2017, 09:22 AM)divmenow Wrote: I also sold out of DE after a big run-up and added to ED, ITW and NUE with the proceeds.

I've been thinking about selling some DE lately.  I've owned for many years, so I'm debating.  Anyone have thoughts?
I sold DE because it hit my price range today of $123. And its trading at historic high levels in the last 10 years. I just took some money off the table and put it into some other areas I feel is cheaper and pays a nice dividend. With a PE of 22 DE isn't too expensive, but everything needs to go right to maintain these levels.
(06-28-2017, 01:00 PM)divmenow Wrote: I sold DE because it hit my price range today of $123. And its trading at historic high levels in the last 10 years. I just took some money off the table and put it into some other areas I feel is cheaper and pays a nice dividend. With a PE of 22 DE isn't too expensive, but everything needs to go right to maintain these levels.

That's what I'm considering...selling some DE and AXP (both high) to buy some SJM and GE (both low).
Anyone like BAC at these prices? I'm thinking of adding here now with the dividend increase and stock buy back. Should be a $30+ stock.
ADM at 52 weeks low, sounds good to me! Today we're in a surplus position be there'll be food shortage some day.

Reg BAC, it still has a Fwd P/E under 12, so it's not a bad buy. But it's the same company that last year was trading at 15 USD Wink
(06-29-2017, 10:38 AM)Rasec Wrote: ADM at 52 weeks low, sounds good to me! Today we're in a surplus position be there'll be food shortage some day.

Wow, thanks for catching that.  Not sure why it wasn't on my radar.  I remember looking at ADM five years ago and never bought.  And to be honest, I don't think I've thought about ADM since.
GIS near 52-week lows and at a 3.5% yield too.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(06-29-2017, 10:59 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 10:38 AM)Rasec Wrote: ADM at 52 weeks low, sounds good to me! Today we're in a surplus position be there'll be food shortage some day.

Wow, thanks for catching that.  Not sure why it wasn't on my radar.  I remember looking at ADM five years ago and never bought.  And to be honest, I don't think I've thought about ADM since.

lots of good 52 week low buys today lol. ADM, GIS, SJM, VZ and GE to name a few.
(06-29-2017, 11:41 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 10:59 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:

lots of good 52 week low buys today lol. ADM, GIS, SJM, VZ and GE to name a few.

SJM is also on my radar. A dividend raise is about to come very soon too!
Sold a put in my Roth for NKE expiration 8/11 for $1.47 today.  I net about $144
I bought AAP and D today. AAP not a great dividend but it's cheap here now and insiders just bought a few weeks back at $138. The stores near me are always packed. Its selling off thanks to ORLY. But at just under $101 I thought it was a good entry point.
(07-05-2017, 11:03 AM)divmenow Wrote: I bought AAP and D today. AAP not a great dividend but it's cheap here now and insiders just bought a few weeks back at $138. The stores near me are always packed. Its selling off thanks to ORLY. But at just under $101 I thought it was a good entry point.

If ppl are not buying parts, are the sales of new cars going up?  Huh