Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this forum alive?
When I first started posting a year or so ago, this forum was buzzing with great conversations on stocks .
I've posted a few things lately but got no feedback/conversation.

Is there still life here?
I'm still here checking in every day, but you are right that activity has definitely slowed down. I imagine part of it is people are busier in the summer months.

I do my best to chime in when people have questions, but have probably been a little less active here as well in getting discussion going.

Hopefully you aren't too discouraged and still plan to stick around!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(09-21-2016, 08:22 AM)EricL Wrote: I'm still here checking in every day, but you are right that activity has definitely slowed down. I imagine part of it is people are busier in the summer months.

Same here, I usually check in every day or every other day.  A quick scan of the member list shows that about 30 members have visited in the last couple of days.  That's enough of a critical mass to keep things rolling along, but I agree that this is busy season and even vacation season for many people.
Same here. Since I'm a CPA, this is my busy season. I try to check the forum during a few downtimes during the day if I can, but I usually don't have time to post or do any research on any questions asked.
Still here, though I too have noticed the lack of activity. I'm guessing the super high valuations are part of the reason, I've remarked that quite a few people are waiting to see what happens next, maybe saving up some cash and waiting for a correction. I know that I'm not particularly thrilled to add to my owning at these prices, though I still do keep buying little by little.
As a newer member, and pretty new to investing I don't often have much to add to the conversation, but appreciate the points raised and will contribute when I can.
(09-21-2016, 10:51 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: I'm guessing the super high valuations are part of the reason, I've remarked that quite a few people are waiting to see what happens next, maybe saving up some cash and waiting for a correction. I know that I'm not particularly thrilled to add to my owning at these prices, though I still do keep buying little by little.

This is my hunch as well. When the markets are high and not very volatile, there seems to be a lot less to consider and discuss. 

For my part, I'll apologize for not playing my customary admin role of trying to start good topics and facilitating discussions. My personal life has been pretty demanding in the past 18 months (lost two parents, separated from my wife, and daughter had a lot of medical issues), so I just haven't had much time to focus on anything but survival. But I am hopeful that things are calming down, and that I'll be able to spend some more time here keeping things interesting. 

Thanks all of you for your time, interest, and contributions to the forum. It has been gratifying, and really a pleasure, whether things are hopping or not.

Kerim
(09-22-2016, 01:13 PM)Kerim Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 10:51 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: I'm guessing the super high valuations are part of the reason, I've remarked that quite a few people are waiting to see what happens next, maybe saving up some cash and waiting for a correction. I know that I'm not particularly thrilled to add to my owning at these prices, though I still do keep buying little by little.

This is my hunch as well. When the markets are high and not very volatile, there seems to be a lot less to consider and discuss. 

For my part, I'll apologize for not playing my customary admin role of trying to start good topics and facilitating discussions. My personal life has been pretty demanding in the past 18 months (lost two parents, separated from my wife, and daughter had a lot of medical issues), so I just haven't had much time to focus on anything but survival. But I am hopeful that things are calming down, and that I'll be able to spend some more time here keeping things interesting. 

Thanks all of you for your time, interest, and contributions to the forum. It has been gratifying, and really a pleasure, whether things are hopping or not.

Kerim

Hi Kerim,

I'm really sorry to hear that and hope things are getting better.
As I have said in my portfolio thread, I am mostly accumulating cash and waiting for this bull market to run its course. Also, I started a new job this month, so I haven't had as much time to research the market.
Kerim, no need to apologize. Of course you need to focus on the important issues in your life in order to sort them out in the best possible way. This forum will be here waiting. I hope things are starting to look better for you and especially for your daughter.
(09-22-2016, 11:59 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Kerim, no need to apologize. Of course you need to focus on the important issues in your life in order to sort them out in the best possible way. This forum will be here waiting. I hope things are starting to look better for you and especially for your daughter.

Absolutely agree! Sorry to have brought it up!
Kerim, Absolutely no need to apologize. Sorry to hear you have had a rough go of it. Hope all gets better soon.

I do not post much, I do read alot of the posts. I dont purchase much in stocks as I/we are putting as much of our checks into the company 401K plan to maximize the match and so on.
Have finally started cutting some hours back, "less funds" and spending on vacations and time off "all work no play makes Jimbo not happy".
I must say this site has helped to reinvigerate me and teach me some of the stuff to look for, lots of great ideas and I work to pass them on to my kids (25 & 
Thanks all for your posts that do interest me AND to Kerim for all of his hard work of getting this site to what it is today.

Jimbo