Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twil's (future) portfolio
(07-16-2015, 08:28 AM)EricL Wrote:
(12-09-2014, 02:19 AM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: If it gets down much below $90, I believe I might have some slightly used children for sale on eBay. Confused

CVX is down to $94. Are your kids looking over their shoulders yet? Tongue

LOL!
(07-16-2015, 08:28 AM)EricL Wrote:
(12-09-2014, 02:19 AM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: If it gets down much below $90, I believe I might have some slightly used children for sale on eBay. Confused

CVX is down to $94. Are your kids looking over their shoulders yet? Tongue

I've been watching that. You mean I was supposed to tell them?    
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Down to 93! getting closer!!
Updated. What a year made some new buys didn't sell anything.

I'm overweight in oil but eventually I feel with adding to my portfolio it will all even out in the end.
(06-09-2016, 09:12 AM)twil Wrote: Updated. What a year made some new buys didn't sell anything.

I'm overweight in oil but eventually I feel with adding to my portfolio it will all even out in the end.

Instead of rebalancing by selling your overweight stocks and buying underweight, you could rebalance by dividend reinvestment.  Take your dividends as cash from your overweight positions and use them to buy underweight positions.  This would be in addition to new funds that you are using to buy stocks.
(06-09-2016, 09:52 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Instead of rebalancing by selling your overweight stocks and buying underweight, you could rebalance by dividend reinvestment.  Take your dividends as cash from your overweight positions and use them to buy underweight positions.  This would be in addition to new funds that you are using to buy stocks.

I do not plan on selling. I wanted to average my cost in certain positions which led to it being out of balance. But I am fine with that my time horizon is huge so I'm not too worried about being overweight in one area. Just was making a comment.

Since June I have added ABT and averaged down on OHI.