Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Are We Going From Here? (Nov 2014)
Very nice read DW.

A couple of points from someone that is fairly new here.

I have learned to not sweat the markets nowadays, it is a long haul.

I have learned, (though I dont know what all is and isn't) tune out the noise. To me most of the SA articles are noise and it is getting worse (in my opinion), SA articles to me are like the little flyers sent to the house recommending this stock or that that will make me a MILLIONAIRE, not gonna happen anymore.

I am not old and wise to the DGI way but am trying to learn as much and as quickly as I can. Earthtodan was even nice enough to spend several hours with me showing me some good insights for investing.

That being said and relating to one of your lines about people asking about buys in the market, I for one appreciate the advice that others here give, not that i'm going to buy that stock but it gives me something to look at. If you were to name a stock or two and someone was to buy it and it was to fall, you should not feel bad or any pressure for giving said advice. To me the difference here and SA is it feels more like family and friends here and not someone with an agenda. At the time that you or others give some advice on a stock, that is what you or they believe and as you say there is no crystal ball for the Market future.

I do agree with some of your concerns for some of the Market but there is nothing I can do about that and I need to make as sound of decisions as I can to better my positions in the Market and let the chips fall where they may. I feel over a 20-30 year term all should be ok.

Thanks to you and all for your time and efforts to help one another and I love reading the articles.

Jim

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where Are We Going From Here? (Nov 2014) - by Jimbo - 11-28-2014, 05:19 PM