Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SA writers
(11-13-2014, 11:15 AM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: I avoid trying to read everything that everyone has to say about a company. I stay on top of my portfolio enough to know whats going on in the companies - so, I avoid trying to read every article that makes it to SA on a company. Some authors I admire, I follow them and read what they have to say about companies that I am interested in.

Its a losing battle trying to consume everything produced on a topic.

Since we are venting about writing terrible articles, I'd also like to point out that I have a newfound hatred for Business Insider. There are occasionally good valuable articles and for now, I follow it and read it, but OMG theres a lot of crap. Theres no other word for it. Every day, theres more and more clickbait, which is of no value to anyone. Business Insider is the Buzzfeed of the business world.

For e.g.: One of their "journalist" writes a random article saying "Apple should buy Tesla". Completely unfounded, not reporting and just an opinion from one of their moles. Later in the day, another "journalist" from the same team writes an article "Heres why Apple should not buy Tesla". Again, completely unnecessary, and wasting every reader's time.

I need to find other good news sources. Suggestions are welcome. I'd be very happy to drop BI from my reading list.

Reasons like this I will not read a Motley fool article either. How many times do you see an article and a counter within hours.

As I said earlier, I read from certain authors and one of them from here is EricL, Nice plug eh Eric..
Jim

Messages In This Thread
SA writers - by Jimbo - 11-12-2014, 02:42 PM
RE: SA writers - by rapidacid - 11-12-2014, 02:59 PM
RE: SA writers - by Jimbo - 11-12-2014, 04:23 PM
RE: SA writers - by Roadmap2Retire - 11-13-2014, 11:15 AM
RE: SA writers - by Jimbo - 11-13-2014, 07:34 PM
RE: SA writers - by EricL - 11-14-2014, 01:17 AM
RE: SA writers - by alexg - 11-13-2014, 06:32 PM