Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SA writers
Yup. A lot of templated junk. Major change happened in July when Yahoo stopped showing their headlines

Quote:A major change is afoot in the financial blogosphere. As of next Monday Yahoo! Finance will no longer be displaying staple Seeking Alpha headlines on its website. The move was initiated by Yahoo! Finance and comes amid news earlier in the week that Yahoo! Finance launched its own contributor network via Tumblr.

The news is a surprise to many as the two sides were seen as close. Some have even suggested that Yahoo! (NASDAQ: YHOO) was interested in acquiring Seeking Alpha.

While contributors are seeing the news as a major blow, Seeking Alpha is taking the development in stride and today announced a host of new opportunities for itself and contributors.

Seeking Alpha noted that it's been paying Yahoo significant amounts every month for traffic and the traffic they receive in return is "lower quality." The company will take the extra money and pay contributors an additional flat payment of $35 on top of the $10 per thousand pageviews they already pay.

I don't have any data to back it up but I'd guess the flat $35 doubled or tripled what the majority of the authors received before.

I touched a bit on it recently here: http://dividendgrowthforum.com/showthread.php?tid=747

Messages In This Thread
SA writers - by Jimbo - 11-12-2014, 02:42 PM
RE: SA writers - by rapidacid - 11-12-2014, 02:59 PM
RE: SA writers - by Jimbo - 11-12-2014, 04:23 PM
RE: SA writers - by Roadmap2Retire - 11-13-2014, 11:15 AM
RE: SA writers - by Jimbo - 11-13-2014, 07:34 PM
RE: SA writers - by EricL - 11-14-2014, 01:17 AM
RE: SA writers - by alexg - 11-13-2014, 06:32 PM