Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technology Space and The Long view
You may or may not find this interesting. I dealt with this first hand in my part-time gig at HD. HD did fine, my dept did horrible. My 2021 sales vs 2019 were down by at least 40%. I designed custom doors and windows and my manufacturers couldn't deliver. Waiting for clips and gizmos from China. A four week lead time became 12-16 weeks. About the largest US window manufacture (Jeld-Wen) eventually gave up and started sending me windows without screens, just so builders could proceed. Hope you don't have skeeters where you live lol. They had a 4 month+ backlog and still missed earnings. They could have stocked those 50 cents items in QTY but who want's to "waste" an extra $10K in inventory? On another note the vinyl strengtheners and dyes are not available. Anderson Windows is dominant in my region. They marketed bronze/dark brown windows for decades. People want to match them but it's a 16 week wait and that may be a lie. Might be their chemical supplier in Texas' fault but the result is the same. No sale during peak season.

PS, this made my job suck when I had to kill everyone's home improvement plans when they came to the store ready to drop $3-10K. Most were like, "I'll just find something else to buy and maybe do this next year" HD is lucky they sell flooring and appliances because sometimes the money was still spent there.

Messages In This Thread
Technology Space and The Long view - by Scooterd - 02-17-2022, 02:47 PM
RE: Technology Space and The Long view - by fenders53 - 02-17-2022, 03:16 PM