Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your portfolio allocation percentages?
I thought this might be an interesting survey.  Rough estimates are fine as I know it changes for some of us that trade.  There will be overlap so keep it easy.  (You don't actually own AAPL for the dividend yield in the near future).  It doesn't have to add up to exactly 100%.  I kept the categories broad so feel free to add a category if I missed one.  Projected years to retirement mostly retired might add some context.  I'll go first of course.

Years to retirement-1

Dividend Stocks or ETFs (Minimum 1% yield)-40% 

Growth Stocks/ETS-15%

Mid to longterm bonds-0%   

Cash equivalents to include extremely short term ETF bonds- 15%

Trading- 10% swing trading and it usually includes 3-5% I regard as truly speculative gambling.  I could lose half the investment in a sharp downturn.  This is mostly stable DGI stocks that get beat down on earnings and the market over-reacts.  I enjoy playing the bounce.  

True Gambling- 0%  Anything highly leveraged.  Leveraged ETFs or inverse ETFs, buying potential big score out of the money options, shorting MOMO stocks, penny stocks etc.  Crypto is probably in here too but you can list it separate if you disagree.     

Real Estate- I'll call it zero although I collect contract payments on my formerly owned rental property.  It's still worth almost 10% of my portfolio and the yield is 8%. 

Conservative Option income strategy- 35%  This overlaps many of the above and assignment causes them to fluctuate from quarter to quarter.  Accounts for 75% of my overall income.  

As I enter retirement I need less options (time consuming) and a little more growth and DGI as valuations allow.       

I am going to guess most of you have less complicated ports?

Messages In This Thread
What are your portfolio allocation percentages? - by fenders53 - 08-28-2021, 10:04 AM
What are your portfolio allocation percentages? - by bankerboy - 09-12-2021, 01:22 PM