Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Registration Process Thread
Two thoughts come to mind.
1. You mentioned having captcha + security question at some point. How broad can this security question be? Could it be something along the lines of "please explain a little about your passion for DGI and investing in general?" Kind of similar to what you have now but instead of people having to email you it would just come up during the registration process? Not foolproof but if potential members write a few sentences about about their DGI/investment background etc then it should be relatively easy to spot real users. Some spammers would of course make the effort to sound credible and get through.

2. From what I can see this should be doable with this forum software but I'm not sure.
-automatic approval of members. Captha etc of course.
-when joining, the new user is directly put into a group, lets call it "newbies"
-"newbies" group members have their posting permission set to "moderate", so their post won't actually show up before a mod accepts it
-after the member reaches certain milestones, say account age of 7 days AND 5 posts, then he is automatically moved away from the group "newbies"

Sounds relatively foolproof to me, I doubt many spammers will make the effort to post a few real posts and wait for a week.
Would allow for new members to register and start posting with relative ease.
Could result in a bit of work for mods. But quite frankly we don't get THAT many new members. And most of us probably read close to 100% of the messages on this board anyway.

Messages In This Thread
Registration Process Thread - by Kerim - 08-01-2021, 12:49 PM
RE: Registration Process Thread - by crimsonghost747 - 08-01-2021, 01:07 PM
RE: Registration Process Thread - by Kerim - 08-01-2021, 03:59 PM
RE: Registration Process Thread - by fenders53 - 08-01-2021, 06:43 PM
RE: Registration Process Thread - by Kerim - 08-01-2021, 09:29 PM
RE: Registration Process Thread - by fenders53 - 08-02-2021, 04:48 AM