Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My future live-off-dividends portfolio
(10-18-2020, 09:07 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Is this a plan or your current port?    

(10-18-2020, 09:51 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: If you aren't planning on switching to this allocation in the next few months, then it's probably best to to focus more on the concept rather than on the details. But concepts change too. 10 years ago a high yield income generating portfolio might have had 30% of bonds in it.

Okay, let me rephrase.  Today I have zero of these equitiies, and in 15-20 years, when I plan to switch over to this style of portfolio, you are right many of these companies may be gone.  So it was really presented as, "If I were to retire now and live off my portfolio, this is what I'd get into, and when I'm ready to retire, I will look for similar equities."  I think the 10-20-40-20-10 bell curve is the most significant takeaway.

But yes, I'm 47 now and the very earliest I could think about retirement is at age 55 when child support drops off and assuming I remarry, but if I'm still doing well at my job I would be very excited to actually get my full salary.  Most likely I'll soft-retire at 62ish into a lower paying but less stressful job.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My future live-off-dividends portfolio - by ken-do-nim - 10-18-2020, 03:08 PM