Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
favorite financial paper/online source?
(11-25-2019, 06:29 AM)rayray Wrote: I've been thinking about subscribing to WSJ and or IBD--has anyone ever gotten one of these?

I really like WSJ, my neighbors use to get it and give me the papers, only problem they pack a lot of info in that paper! They would pile up on me fairly quick...assuming a lot easier with their online versions.

I have in the past but not recently.  They would definitely pile up on me.  Back in the day my favorite was Kiplingers for sure.  It got me started investing.  Like most paper mags it's a shadow of what it once was.  That said, it's a good investment of $10 for a year or two when you get old like me.  Smile  There is useful info in there for pre-retirees and retirees.  Could you find the info on the net?  Sure, if you knew what it was you were looking for. 

Back in the day the Valueline stock reports were THE source for a DIY investor.  I used to go to the library and read them in the reference section, and copy them for the investment club presentations we made to each other every month.  They were expensive to subscribe to back then.  The info you get from a decent discount brokerage account these days is nearly as good, and more updated of course.

Messages In This Thread
RE: favorite financial paper/online source? - by fenders53 - 11-25-2019, 07:18 AM