Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strategies for Building a DGI Portfolio
(12-17-2018, 10:46 AM)fenders53 Wrote: In the end we should pay ourselves first, and then enjoy or lives with some disposable income.  My wife thinks expensive makeup and Starbucks coffee is a good investment  Smile  I've spend some serious money on fly rods and tools in the woodworking shop.  Ten years later I am still enjoying those purchases so I find justification easy.  I am almost always frugal when it comes to purchases that will be consumed in a month, or an hour.  That's a waste of investing funds in my mind.

As Kerim suggested whether he intended to or not....  finding some balance and enjoying this life is probably best.   Few are going to remember how many assets I accumulated when I'm gone from this world.

Travel is the "enjoy this life" spending bucket for me and my wife. Headed to Japan and Vietnam for 10 days next week, and really looking forward to it. Fourth trip to Japan, and first to Vietnam. We have been fortunate enough to visit 83 countries on six continents so far, and have enjoyed our travels immensely.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strategies for Building a DGI Portfolio - by Otter - 12-17-2018, 10:57 AM