Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving abroad - What to do with portfolio?
Hey. I feel your pain, having changed my country of residence for the second time in as many years. However I've been fortunate enough to stick with the same broker, though right now there is quite a bit of paperwork mess do deal with. It's annoying and frustrating... downright horrible.

So yeah your only option is to get a new broker if your current one doesn't want you as a client anymore. I'd suggest looking into big global ones... that way you might not have to face this problem again. You can also ask both the potential new brokers as well as your current one if it's possible and how much it would cost to move your holdings as they are. With the indexes being the way they are now, this would surely be the cheaper method rather than selling everything, moving the cash, and buying it again. (because that would mean lots of taxes to be paid) But each broker has their own policy and fees regarding that, so the only way to find out is to look at it broker by broker.

Good luck with it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moving abroad - What to do with portfolio? - by crimsonghost747 - 04-25-2017, 09:54 PM