Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Portfolio (New Member)
Paul, you've got a good start there.

(10-25-2015, 12:05 PM)jhpaul Wrote: I'm in a very awkward stage of my life where I need to look to invest in real estate (ie. move out of my parents home) but the housing market's just crazy where I live (Greater Toronto Area)... So I thought I'd stick to dividend stocks for now.

Ummmm, at 26 it may be time to move on Blush but I wouldn't be in a rush to buy a "money pit" just yet. Especially in your market right now. An apartment in the suburbs maybe? Oshawa? Oakville? Get your emergency funds locked up, add a little to your portfolio as you go, drop in to the Zanzi on Yonge every once in a while (did I say that? Angel ) and enjoy life.

I just commented on BLTN's portfolio thread over here for a U.S.-centric view. We have quite a few Canadians here that may have some good suggestions for you too.

Looking forward to seeing how you progress.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Messages In This Thread
My Portfolio (New Member) - by jhpaul - 10-25-2015, 12:05 PM
RE: My Portfolio (New Member) - by Dividend Watcher - 10-25-2015, 09:12 PM
RE: My Portfolio (New Member) - by jhpaul - 10-26-2015, 03:42 PM
RE: My Portfolio (New Member) - by Kerim - 10-26-2015, 09:32 AM
RE: My Portfolio (New Member) - by rayray - 10-29-2015, 12:30 AM
RE: My Portfolio (New Member) - by jhpaul - 08-28-2016, 07:45 AM