Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My portfolio - new member
Dividend Watcher

I really appreciate the time you put into thinking about this. I realize this will be tight and I am shooting for the moon. I really only need about 800 per month to hit my goal or about 9,600 annually. That and if I can front load a lot of this should lead to hopefully 6% or better dividend returns in that time. I am really trying to hit 100K in the first 4 years but we will see.

Now to your points.

Energy's - I would am still interested in NOV and all energys for that matter. NOV is my worst performer so far but Jason just recommended it as the undervalued stock of the week. Thinking about doubling down here.

Materials - Liking BBL here. Huge dividend. Would be great to lock in here if commodities took off from here which they eventually will.

Industrials - Liking MMM, UTX and CAT here. Not sure about GE as I read they are freezing their dividend.

Consumer discretionary - Like WMT and TGT for long term but most are over valuled as I try to stay below P/E of 20 forward earnings. I really like GNTX in this area.

Consumer staples - I would like more exposure here but they always seem overvalued. KHC is a gamble and PG is beat up right not. We will see

Healthcare - ABBV is always on my list but thinking about doubling down on GILD for the long run. Also, no one ever got fired recommending JNJ.

Financials - just scary but AFL, BEN and WFC would be the short list.

IT - Lots to like here - IBM seems the choice but could double down on MSFT, QCOM or CSCO for the long term.

Telecom - Always seems overvalued like VZ and T. I like T for the long term.

Utilities - I must admit I will probably look further when I am more diversified.

REIT's - looking at O and OHI right now.

Railroads - UNP looks good now

Damn - not enough powder.

Thanks
BLTN
Better Later Than Never

Messages In This Thread
My portfolio - new member - by BLTN - 10-25-2015, 11:46 AM
RE: My portfolio - new member - by BLTN - 10-25-2015, 10:22 PM
RE: My portfolio - new member - by Kerim - 10-26-2015, 09:20 AM
RE: My portfolio - new member - by BLTN - 03-30-2016, 06:29 PM
RE: My portfolio - new member - by DividendGarden - 03-31-2016, 09:37 AM