Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BP plc - Uncomfortable in my holding
(04-13-2015, 09:48 AM)Dividend Watcher Wrote:
(04-13-2015, 08:50 AM)Kerim Wrote:
(04-13-2015, 08:47 AM)rapidacid Wrote:
(04-13-2015, 04:35 AM)Lewys120 Wrote: BP is up 16% since I bought it and I'm finding it hard to justify it's current price.

So you wanted it to not appreciate in value? How does a 16% price movement change your opinion on any position? 22% of the stock price is cash. They have $30B in cash and pay ~$6B in dividends every year. What are you concerned about?

This!

After seeing the info from rapid,

I'm just concerned that BP reinvesting the dividends into the company at its current valuation wouldn't be wise (as I don't feel it represents good value at present). On reflection I over-reacted. What I'm going to do is to take the dividends as cash and invest elsewhere, anyone else do this with some stocks?

I appreciate that this is 'obvious' for a lot of you but this is new territory for me and I greatly appreciate all your support.

I'm not so much concerned about their ability to pay dividends only that they're being outmaneuvered by other oil majors at present.

Lewys

Messages In This Thread
RE: BP plc - Uncomfortable in my holding - by DividendDragon - 04-13-2015, 10:13 AM