Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to everything, need advise on strategy
Hi all,

Lately I have been looking for better investment oppertunies than just letting my money sit on my bank account.

I am trying to save money for buying a house in the future.

Now I have done some reading and figured out that I want to invest in stocks focused on a high dividend. The money I want to use for this is doing nothing right now, I don't need it.

However, I have never before bought stocks or bonds. So I am very new to all of this. I noticed that the markets have soured up during the last year, so I have the feeling I am actually a little bit late to the party.

My plan is to invest 500 euro's each month. I will invest this in stock and bond indexes that yield a high percentage dividend.

What do you guys think about this strategy? Is it still advisable to start investing right now with this market? I am seeing that the Shiller P/E is pretty high right now, so that points out that I shouldn't buy stocks I guess.

However, if I use the strategy to invest 500 euro's every month I think it doesn't really matter how the market is behaving. If I keep investing money when the market falls, it evens out. Am I right about this?

Messages In This Thread
New to everything, need advise on strategy - by Dutchdreamer - 04-23-2015, 11:36 AM
RE: New to everything, need advise on strategy - by ChadR - 04-23-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: New to everything, need advise on strategy - by 800peace - 05-31-2015, 02:47 PM